Job ID = DH/HQ00002589
Job Title = Graduate Software Developer
Location = Epsom
Salary = £ 28000.00 to £ 32000.00 per annum
A privately-owned scientific instrument company designing and manufacturing a range of instrumentation are looking for a recently graduated Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing R&D team near Epsom in Surrey. Their products are used for research in many universities and by some of the world's most innovative scientific organisations.
This role is aimed at graduates with a Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant degree looking for an initial position to enhance their career and knowledge.
The successful candidate will report to our senior software engineer and will work within a small team on exciting microscopy & micro-science projects, as well as image processing/manipulation and robotics. You will be mainly developing software solutions for Windows and Linux.
You will be given ownership over the development of software modules, be expected to conduct testing and fault finding within a quality assurance environment, and deal with customer support cases.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Carry out assignments issued to you
- Write well-designed and written testable code and solutions
- Investigate customer support cases and provide solutions for users
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Flexible attitude and the ability to work across multiple projects
- Understanding of unit testing and usage
- Experience of developing for the Windows platform and ideally for Linux
- Knowledge of GCC/G++ and makefiles, along with command line debugging (desirable)
- Experience of working with Visual Studios IDEs using C/C++, C# and WPF
If you would like to know more feel free to contact me on 01189780888 or email email@example.com