Job ID = DH/HQ00002598
Job Title = Lead Nano Fabrication Engineer
Location = Oxfordshire
Salary = £ 45000.00 to £ 65000.00 per annum
I have a new role for a leading Nano-scale Metrology equipment development company based in Abingdon South Oxfordshire.
Please read below and reply if you are interested, along with a current CV, your expected salary and required notice period.
This is a permanent role but might consider a long term contractor.
The Nano Fabrication Engineer provides technical lead and project management on the probe: the critical component of a scanning probe microscope. The Nano Fabrication engineer should ensure the quality of the current probe meets the customer's requirement and co-develop the next generation of probes with research institute or suppliers, to close the foreseeable metrology gap.
The role requires working across the probe suppliers and the customers; understand the potential issues during probe manufacture; monitor the probe quality; drive projects to improve the quality of the probe that supply to the customer. This role also needs to find the potential improvement in the probe, work closely with the Research and Development and Engineering group to develop the next generation of the probe.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead probe characterisation and development activities on different types of probes.
- Work with Research and Development team and institutes to improve the probe performance.
- Drive project to improve the probe manufacture quality.
- Manage the probe suppliers and the probe development resource.
- Masters Degree or above in Physical Sciences, Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Related experience of at least 5 years with a significant hands-on profile
- Experience in leading characterisation and demonstration activities for metrology equipment.
- Project management experience
- Fluency in written and oral technical English with excellent presentation skills
- Experience in Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) is a very strong differentiator
- Experience in the MEMS process would be a strong advantage.
- Experience of working with any or all of: optical systems including lasers and fibres; electronics; electron microscopy would be an advantage.
- Experience in the Semiconductor field would be an advantage.
A technical leader or team member as appropriate, able to work comfortably with technical experts and managers from both customers and suppliers.
If you would like to know more feel free to contact me on 01189780888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org